Emotion Systems is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Emotion Systems is a UK based developer and supplier of software products that enable file based processing in a Professional and Broadcast environment. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Emotion Systems may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10th May 2018.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Emotion Systems
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us at .
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages. The data protection authority in the United Kingdom is Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Other information can be found on their website at ico.gov.uk.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Opting In and Opting Out
When you register your details on our Try page in order to evaluate our software, or elsewhere to obtain any download, you will be sent an email offering you the choice to opt in to our mailing list. If you opt in you may receive information about our products and services, and our newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive any of these communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking the opt-out link that is included at the bottom of every marketing communication. We do not collect and process data except from people who chose to opt in to our services.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and country of residence
- demographic information such as preferences and requirements
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Website visitor information is collected using cookies
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Information collected by Emotion Systems is processed by the following organisations –
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We have reviewed the conditions under which we do business with the organisations mentioned above and are satisfied that they process data in accordance with the GDPR regulations. In particular, none of these organisations will sell the data that they process for us, nor reveal any data to third parties unless required to do for legal reasons. These organisations also take appropriate steps to ensure that the information is kept secure from attempts to illegally access by third parties. Some of these organisations will transfer data outside of Europe but have given commitments that data will continue to managed in compliance with the GDPR regulations.
Website Live Chat Feature
Every page on our website has a live chat feature, that you can use to contact use. The Live Chat servers do not permanently store any information either on their own servers, or in cookies on your own computer. Emotion Systems does use the information that you provide in order to respond to your queries, either immediately, or by subsequent email.
We use Skype to communicate with customers where this is convenient for our customers. Emotion Systems are not responsible for data security within Skype.
When customers request, we use Teamviewer with a business licence, to log on to your computer for demonstration or technical support purposes. Emotion Systems are not responsible for data security within Teamviewer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email or write to our office.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.